INDEPENDENT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
We have an independent Board of Trustees:
- President: Ndaba Ntsele, Chief Executive Officer of Pamodzi Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd; President of the Black Business Council; was inducted into the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Hall of Fame in Monte Carlo in 2008.
- Deputy President: Russell Zama, Director of Russell Zama Construction and Transport Company.
- Deputy President: Kananelo Makhetha, Managing Director of BCD Travel South Africa, part of the Bidvest Group.
- Trustees: Andrew Hunt, Managing Director of Marlow Capital ; Sanjay Kassen, Director at ENSafrica; Mmaphuti Lephondo, Manager, Development and Transformation in the public sector; Veronica Shezi, business owner and entrepreneur.
- Patrons: David Bloch; Bill Carter; Miles Japhet; Deputy Chief Justice Dikgang Moseneke; Dr Sam Motsuenyane; Julian Ogilvie-Thompson; Dr Mamphele Ramphele; Geoff Rothschild; Norbert Sasse; Lungi Sisulu.
- Legacy Patrons: Dr Oskar Dhlomo; Dr Aggrey Klaaste; Walter Sisulu; Helen Suzman.
- Global Ambassadors: Matthew Bosrock; Felicia Mabuza-Suttle; Mary Millben; Hannah Yilma.
Our Directors are: James Urdang (Chief Executive Officer & Founder), Linda Gould (Operations Director), Wendy Saner (Accounts Director), Russell Zama, Mmaphuti Lephondo and Veronica Shezi, Abdullah Verachia. We are registered and accredited as:
- Not for Profit Company (NPC) – RegistrationNumber 1992/001394/08
- Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) – Registration Number 004-193NPO
- Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) – Registration Number 93000573T
- Level 1 B-BBEE Participant
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS
We have capable professional service providers:
- Bankers: First National Bank
- Investment Funds: Investec
- Auditors: Ernst & Young
- staff remuneration benchmarking: Deloitte
- Strategic review and oversight: Deloitte
- Governance: Independent Board of Trustees
- Legal Advisor: ENSafrica
TRANSPARENCY THROUGH FINANCIAL PROJECT REPORTING
- Education Africa’s Audited Financial Statements are available and open to all.
- Project financial reporting is carried out as per individual agreements with our donors.
- Donors may appoint an independent auditor (at their cost) to audit the funding which they have donated.
- Allocation audits on donor funding may also be requested at donor’s cost.