WHO WE ARE
This website www.educationafrica.org (“our site”) is operated by Education Africa (“we” or “us”). Further details are set out in our Website Terms and Conditions http://educationafrica.org/terms-and-conditions/
Personal information or data means information which identifies you, and includes information such as your name, email address, telephone number and password, as well as any other personal information or data collected.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DATA
We collect the following information about our donors:
- Email address
- Date of last login
- IP address (an IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet)
- Mailing or postal address
- Amount, date, payment provider, and receiving charity for each donation
- Recurring donation amount and payment provider
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DATA
We will only use your personal information or data to fulfil your requests for information, to send you marketing material, information on our projects or activities, or information about donations which we believe would be of interest to you, and to manage your account with us, and for any related purposes. We will only process personal information or data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for personal information or data it may include the following purposes:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of projects we are involved in and request further donations.
- We may send you requested information or data on our projects.
- We may use your personal information or data to process your donation.
- We may use your personal information or data for marketing purposes.
- We may use your personal information or data internally to administer our site and help us improve our services.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our mailing list, please e-mail us at the address firstname.lastname@example.org with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
You may also wish to write to us to give us feedback at email@example.com.
If you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, we will hold your contact details on file marked so that we do not contact you again. This is so that we do not contact you if your details are subsequently provided to us by a third party.
ANONYMOUS DATA COLLECTED THROUGH OUR SITE
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our site. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our site our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our site.
Our site contains links to other pages on our site. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our site our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these links.
Likewise, if you reached our site by clicking on a link or advertisement on another site, we also log that information. This assists us to maximize our Internet exposure as well as understand the interests of our users. All of this information is collected and used only in the aggregate: it is entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not reports about individual visitors.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed.
Cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They help users navigate websites efficiently and allow certain functions, such as buying products online. When you visit websites, cookies may be stored on your computer. They are used to store a variety of information about you and your preferences, which is afterwards sent back to the visited website.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover your identity. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. If you choose not to accept cookies from our site this may limit its functionalities or performance.
- To identify you as a registered donor.
- To provide you with safe restricted access areas.
- To remember you so that when you come back to our site you do not need to enter your information again.
- To understand what brought you to our site and what pages you visited.
You can find more information about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and for a video about cookies visit http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site and to gather broad demographic information.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e. aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DATA
- In order to provide you with the information, services or products which you have requested, your personal information or data may occasionally be transferred or shared with third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal information or data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our projects or request further donations from you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
- We may also disclose your personal information or data to other organisations, businesses who may wish to receive and use research data. We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our site, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution, disposal of all or part of our assets or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
Where you have consented, we may share your personal information or data with other organisations or companies whose activities, products and/or services may be of interest to you. Where appropriate, before disclosing personal information or data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
In the event of a merger/acquisition or reorganisation, your personal information or data may be part of the transferred assets and is likely to be disclosed to the new organisation.
ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DATA
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information or data, we will disclose to you the personal information or data we hold about you, for which we may make a charge as allowed by applicable law.
We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information or data that you tell us is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at our registered address or email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests to delete personal information or data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
UNAUTHORISED THIRD PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Despite the security measures we have in place to protect your personal information or data, you acknowledge that your personal information stored by us may be accessed by unauthorised third party, e.g. as a result of an illegal activity.
In the unlikely event of such access by an unauthorised third party, we will use our best endeavours to notify you via email (using the address you have provided to us, if any) of such occurrence.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
If you are visiting or site site from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the United States of America), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
We may also transfer your personal information or data to other countries, in which case we will comply with any relevant data protection laws.
We welcome comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy. If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy or any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by writing to us at Education Africa http://educationafrica.org/global-support-structures/. We will store any correspondence from you at our offices.