INDEPENDENT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
We have an independent Board of Trustees:
- President: Kananelo Makhetha, CEO, Club Travel Corporate (part of the Thebe Group of Companies).
- Deputy President: Russell Zama, Director of Russell Zama Construction and Transport Company.
- Trustees: Sanjay Kassen, Director at ENSafrica; Mmaphuti Lephondo, Manager, Development and Transformation in the public sector; Gary Poultney, Business Unit Head, Sasfin Wealth, Veronica Shezi, business owner and entrepreneur.
- Patrons: David Bloch; Bill Carter; Miles Japhet; Deputy Chief Justice Dikgang Moseneke; Dr Sam Motsuenyane; Julian Ogilvie-Thompson; Dr Mamphele Ramphele; Geoff Rothschild; Norbert Sasse.
- Legacy Patrons: Dr Oskar Dhlomo; Dr Aggrey Klaaste; Walter Sisulu; Helen Suzman.
- Global Ambassadors: Matthew Bosrock; Felicia Mabuza-Suttle; Mary Millben.
Our Management team is: James Urdang (Director, Chief Executive Officer & Founder), Wendy Saner (Financial Director), Russell Zama (Director), Mmaphuti Lephondo (Director), Veronica Shezi (Director), Abdullah Verachia (Director). We are registered and accredited as:
- Not for Profit Company (NPC) – RegistrationNumber 1992/001394/08
- Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) – Registration Number 004-193NPO
- Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) – Registration Number 93000573T
- Level 1 B-BBEE Participant
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS
We have capable professional service providers:
- Bankers: First National Bank
- Investment Funds: Investec
- Auditors: BDO
- Staff remuneration benchmarking: Deloitte
- Strategic review and oversight: Deloitte
- Governance: Independent Board of Trustees
- Legal Advisor: ENSafrica
TRANSPARENCY THROUGH FINANCIAL PROJECT REPORTING
- Education Africa’s Audited Financial Statements are available and open to all.
- Project financial reporting is carried out as per individual agreements with our donors.
- Donors may appoint an independent auditor (at their cost) to audit the funding which they have donated.
- Allocation audits on donor funding may also be requested at donor’s cost.