30 Years of Impact
With 30 years behind us, Education Africa is looking forward to 30 more years assisting disadvantaged South Africans in their quest to obtain a quality, relevant education in order to ensure that they are in a position to become global citizens and a competitive, productive element in the local job market.
“Happy 30th anniversary Education Africa. Thank you for playing an integral role in my career as a communications manager. I will never forget my experience as a SAMUN participant and how it shaped me into the Communications expert that I am today!
In a country where there is great social inequality, education is critical to bridge rather than entrench this divide. The sterling work done by the professional team at Education Africa to understand, develop and support schools in emerging communities has positively changed so many young lives and in celebrating this milestone, we hope they continue to make this meaningful impact for decades to come.
What an incredible three-decade long journey this has been! Education Africa has helped foster meaningful change in South Africa and, through the commitment and dedication of James and the team, has provided a better future for thousands of young lives. Keep up the good work and here’s to the exciting chapters ahead!
“It seems like it was yesterday when Education Africa first made its forays into the fabric of the country’s poor communities with a strong resolve to improve their fortunes. Like in any mission when entering unchartered territories, Education Africa encountered numerous challenges. The resolve and steadfastness of the men and women who spearheaded this initiative, ensured that we remained true to our founding mission and soldiered on tirelessly. Thirty years on the work still continues, which is an admirable milestone. Thanks for your selflessness. We raise our glasses to the next thirty years. Congratulations!
To James and the team at Education Africa How does one celebrate such an important milestone? Thirty years of Making real change Happen is no joke! The passion and drive you display in consistently making a positive difference through your education initiatives to previously disadvantaged communities in South Africa, regardless of difficult circumstances, speaks volumes. We are a country filled with possibilities because of people like you. To you and your inspirational team, Happy 30th Anniversary, and cheers to another 30 years!
Many congratulations to Education Africa on your 30th birthday. To have achieved so much in this time is fantastic and to have made such a significant difference to the lives of so many children is remarkable. Seeing just some of impact of these many initiatives as one of your partners has been a privilege and I wish you every success for years to come.
Watch An Introduction To Our Projects
You can help to increase our impact!
- James Urdang, (www.jamesurdang.net) our CEO & Founder, was recognised at the 2019 Gauteng Premier’s Service Excellence Awards with a Bronze Award in the Leadership category.
- Joan Lithgow and the team from the Education Africa International Arts & Culture Project were recognised with a Silver Award in the category: Arts & Culture at the 2019 Gauteng Premier’s Service Excellence Awards.
- We are immensely proud of Education Africa and the Marimba Workshop for having been nominated as a finalist for the Business Arts South Africa (BASA) 2019 Awards in the category: Sponsorship In-Kind.
- James Urdang, our CEO and Founder was one of ten international Award winners at the 2018 Klaus J Jacobs Awards for social innovation and change-making in the field of child and youth development.
- Our Phambili Marimba Hub received the Golden Shield Heritage Award in the category: Outstanding Community Project in 2015.
- The Education Africa international SAMUN delegation has on numerous occasions brought home the award for “Best Small Delegation” at international Model United Nations Conferences. Many of delegates to these conferences have also been recognised with individual Merit Awards over the years.
- In 2001 our SAMUN project received the prestigious Blue Ribbon Award from the United Nations Capital area in recognition of programme excellence in furthering the ideals of the United Nations.
- In 1994 Education Africa received an award for its “Contribution to peace and to bringing about a new South Africa” from the Hostels Peace Initiative.