30 Years of Impact
Watch An Introduction To Our Projects
You can help to increase our impact!
- James Urdang, (www.jamesurdang.net) our CEO & Founder, was recognised at the 2019 Gauteng Premier’s Service Excellence Awards with a Bronze Award in the Leadership category.
- Joan Lithgow and the team from the Education Africa International Arts & Culture Project were recognised with a Silver Award in the category: Arts & Culture at the 2019 Gauteng Premier’s Service Excellence Awards.
- We are immensely proud of Education Africa and the Marimba Workshop for having been nominated as a finalist for the Business Arts South Africa (BASA) 2019 Awards in the category: Sponsorship In-Kind.
- James Urdang, our CEO and Founder was one of ten international Award winners at the 2018 Klaus J Jacobs Awards for social innovation and change-making in the field of child and youth development.
- Our Phambili Marimba Hub received the Golden Shield Heritage Award in the category: Outstanding Community Project in 2015.
- The Education Africa international SAMUN delegation has on numerous occasions brought home the award for “Best Small Delegation” at international Model United Nations Conferences. Many of delegates to these conferences have also been recognised with individual Merit Awards over the years.
- In 2001 our SAMUN project received the prestigious Blue Ribbon Award from the United Nations Capital area in recognition of programme excellence in furthering the ideals of the United Nations.
- In 1994 Education Africa received an award for its “Contribution to peace and to bringing about a new South Africa” from the Hostels Peace Initiative.